Kailash Mansarovar Yatra - via Lhasa - 21 days
DAY 01: KATHMANDU ARRIVAL
Arrival at Kathmandu. Our representative will meet you at the airport & transfer to Hotel. Overnight at Hotel
DAY 02: SIGHTSEEING TOUR
Early morning, you will depart for Pashupati Darshan & return back to Hotel for breakfast. After breakfast, we set off for sightseeing tour of Baudhanath Stupa, Budhanilkantha Narayan (sleeping Bishnu) and Monkey temple (swoyambhunath). Evening, dinner + tour briefing. Overnight at Hotel
DAY 03: FLY, KATHMANDU TO LHASA (3650 M.) – 1 HOUR FLIGHT
Upon arrival in Lhasa by plane OR by train. Our guide / representative meets you at the airport & transfer to hotel. Overnight Hotel
DAY 04: LHASA SIGHTSEEING TOUR
After breakfast, we set off for a full day guided sightseeing tour. Today, we visit Potala Palace, Norbulinkha Palace (the summer palace of Dalai Lama) and Jokhang temple & Barkhor Square. Overnight at Hotel
DAY 05: LHASA SIGHTSEEING TOUR
Today, we visit two of the very significant Monasteries, Drepung Monastery and Sera Monastery, of Tibet. Both monasteries are located off the main city. Also, we visit Tibetan Medical Centre in the evening. Overnight at Hotel
DAY 06: DRIVE, LHASA TO GYANTSE (3950 M.) – 7 HOURS
Early morning, we proceed for Gyantse via Lake Yamdruk (Yamdruk Tso). Gyantse is the fourth largest city in Tibet (after Shigatse and Chamdo). It is small as cities go (population perhaps 15,000) and largely Tibetan in character not touched so much by outside Chinese influence. Strategically sited at a junction between Shigatse and Lhasa, it lies along the caravan routes from Sikkim and Bhutan in the south, Gyantse assumed an important role as a military center and market town- particularly for wool and handicrafts. Gyantse jeweled with some ancient Monastery and Stupa. We visit Khumbum stupa, Gyantse Dzong and Palkor Choide Monastery in Gyantse. Overnight at Hotel
DAY 07: DRIVE, GYANTSE TO SHIGATSE (3900 M.) VIA SHALU MONASTERY – 3 HOURS
After breakfast, we head out to Shigatse. On the way, we visit Shalu Monastery. In Shigatse we visit the Tashilungpu Monastery, the official Panchen Lama's residence, built in 1447, although it did not really become the seat of the Panchen Lama until almost 200 years later. Overnight at Hotel
DAY 08: DRIVE, SHIGATSE TO LHATZE (3950 M) VIA SAKYA MONASTERY – 6 HOURS
Today, you have an extensive distance to travel to reach Saga via two high passes en route. Also, you will visit Sakya Monastery on the way. The Monastery is located 21 km off the high way.
DAY 09: LHATZE TO SAGA (4600 M.) - 250 KM – 7 hrs
Today, you should drive for an approximately 250 km to reach Saga (4464 m.). While driving to Saga, we will be passing through the Thong-La Pass (5200 m., also know as Lablung-La) which is a highlight of today. From Nyalam it takes two hours to reach the high pass. You can see the magnificent view of the Himalayan range including Mt. Shisapangma, the highest mountain in Tibet. We take a short break in Peiku Lake (on the way) for a picnic lunch then continue our journey. Saga is a growing town situated at the Bank of River Bramhaputra. There is a government Hospital (that will be closed on Sunday) and some basic guesthouses available. Here our staff members will meet you for your further journey to Kailash tour. Overnight Hotel.
DAY 10: SAGA TO PARYANG (4550 M.) 260 KM – 6 hrs
Today we drive about 260 km to reach Paryang (4500). Overnight at Guesthouse.
DAY 11: PARYANG TO LAKE MANSAROVAR (4550 M.) 280 KM – 7 hrs
Drive of about 280km to Manasarovar camp (15400ft)at the shore of Manasarovar. Overnight stay at Guesthouse.
DAY 12: LAKE MANSAROVAR TO DARCHEN (4663 M.) – 4 hrs
Morning Puja, holy bath at Manasarovar. After lunch, Manasarovar Parikrama by Land Cruiser. Short Drive to Darchen (Base camp of Kailash) 15600ft. Overnight Guesthouse.
DAY 13: START PARIKRAMA. CAMP AT DERAPHUK GOMBA
Early Morning (after breakfast), we take a 45 minutes ride on Jeep to Tarboche (the parikrama starting point). This is the easily accessible point from where you can see the closest view of Mt. Kailash. Today, we walk near about 6 hours +. The trail is reasonably easy and flat. We camp at Deraphuk (4880 m.). Those who are not able go for parikrama will be brought back to Lake Manasarovar where they will be staying for another two days and waiting for the Parikrama group. In this period, we provide accommodation in Camp. The charge will be extra for guesthouse accommodation.
DAY 14: CONTINUE PARIKRAMA ZUTRULPHUK (4760 M.)
The group undertaking the Parikrama will further trek to Zuthulphuk (16000ft) via Dolmala pass (5600 m.). Camp at Zuthulphuk. The passengers who are not taking Parikrama will have rest in Lake Manasarovar.
DAY 15 : END PARIKRAMA, - THEN DRIVE TO LAKE MANSAROVAR (HORA QUI)
After a short trek, we will reach near Darchen from where we will be picked up by Land Cruiser and drive to Lake Manasarovar to join the group. Overnight camp.
DAY 16 : RETURN JOURNEY TO PARYANG
Drive Lake Manasarovar to Paryang. Overnight stay at Guest House.
DAY 17 : RETURN JOURNEY TO SAGA
Drive Paryang to Saga. Overnight stay at Guest House.
DAY 18 : RETURN JOURNEY TO NYALAM
Drive Saga to Nyalam. Overnight stay at Guest House.
DAY 19 : RETURN JOURNEY TO KATHMANDU
Drive Nyalam to Zhangmu then continue to Kodari. From Kodari our Bus takes you back to Kathmandu.
DAY 20 : At Leisure
Free day for your individual program – shopping or relaxation.
DAY : 21 Departure
Transfer to Airport for your flight to next destination.
1. Three nights twin sharing accommodation in Kathmandu (3/4 star hotel) on full board basis
2. Sightseeing tour in Kathmandu
3. All necessary transfers in Kathmandu
4. All necessary travel & trekking permits
5. Tibet group visa
6. Kathmandu to Lhasa flight ticket
7. Budget accommodation in Tibet on room sharing basis with breakfast during Lhasa to Lhatse trip.
8. Two days guided sightseeing tour in Lhasa
9. Tibetan Guide (English speaking)
10. Monastery entrance fees / sightseeing entrance fees
11. Pick up from Kodari – Kathmandu transfer
12. Guesthouse or lodge accommodation in Tibet except during Parikrama.
13. All meals (vegetarian) after joining for Kailash tour from Saga onwards.
14. Transportation in Tibet by 4WD Land Cruiser 4500 (4 passengers in one Land Cruiser)
15. Supporting truck
16. English speaking Tibetan guide
17. Necessary supporting crew (cook, helpers & Sherpa)
18. Yaks & Yak men during the Parikrama (circumambulation around Kailash)
19. Services of our fully equipped trekking, kitchen and camping equipment.
20. Gamow bag (pressure bag) and oxygen for emergency use
21. Medical kit bag
22. All applicable taxes and service charges
1. Meals other than breakfast in Tibet
2. Airport tax in Kathmandu while flying to Lhasa
3. Nepal re-entry visa fee (US $ 30 per person)
4. Riding Horse or Yak during the Parikrama for personal (on your request we provide this, cost is extra)
5. Rescue and evacuation service
6. Insurance for any loss and damage
7. Personal tip for guide and driver
8. Any additional expenses due to unforeseen circumstance
Note : All above terms and conditions are based on (IPSC) Indian Pilgrims Service China) and subject to change as the rules of IPSC.