Kailash Mansarovar Tour via Gorakhpur - 22 days
DAY 01 : Arrival in Gorakhpur
Arrival in Gorakhpur or Sunauli Border, meet by our officer and transfer to Lumbini. Overnight at Hotel.
DAY 02 : Sightseeing Lumbini
Morning sightseeing tour of Lumbini. After lunch drive to Pokhara. Check in and overnight in Hotel.
DAY 03 : Pokhara sightseeing
Pokhara city sightseeing tour – Bindabasini Temple, David's fall, Gupteswor cave, Seti River Gorge and Barahi Temple visit through boating on Fewa Lake. Overnight hotel.
DAY 04 : Fly Jomsom - Muktinath Trek
Early morning transfer to airport for your flight to Jomsom and proceed our trek to Muktinath. Break for Lunch in Kagbeni Lodge at Eklebhatti (site near the Kaligandaki River). Short break will be followed at Khinga (small Sherpa village) for tea / coffee. Arrive at Muktinath and check in to Lodge. Dinner and overnight stay.
DAY 05 : Holy bath at Muktinath
Early morning move for Muktinath Yatra (approximately 25 minute walk from the hotel). During this time, one can take holy bath in the sacred 108 water spouts surrounding the temple, do worship & Darshan. Also Jwalamai Darshan will be made. After this we return to the hotel for breakfast and precede trek back to Jomsom. Overnight at hotel in Jomsom.
DAY 06 : Fly Pokhara - Visit Manakamana - Kathmandu
Morning transfer to airport for flight to Pokhara and transfer to Hotel. Refresh and then proceed towards Kathmandu enroute visit Manakamana Temple by cable car. Overnight at Hotel in Kathmandu.
DAY 07 : Sightseeing Kathmandu
After breakfast, sightseeing tour of Pashupatinath, Boudhanath & Kathmandu Durbar Square. Afternoon briefing on Kailas trip and evening at leisure. Overnight at Hotel.
DAY 08 : Drive Kodari - Nyalam
After an early breakfast, we proceed towards Kodari (114 km), the border between Nepal and Tibet on the famous Arniko highway. After completion of immigration and custom formalities we continue drive to Zhangmu (Tibet) (8 km) and then onwards to Nyalam (34 km). Our first night in China will be at a modest lodge with basic facilities. (3750 m / 156 km / 7.5 hrs)
DAY 09 : Excursion to Milarepa’s Cave
Rest and acclimatize at Nyalam with an excursion to Milarepa’s Cave and to get a look of Nyalam and the Tibetan landscape. Overnight at Guest house.
DAY 10 : Drive to Saga
Drive to Saga via the Lalungla Pass, Paiku Tso Lake and cross the Brahmaputra River (known here as the Yarlung Tsangpo). Overnight at Guesthouse. (4580 m /232 km / 8hrs)
DAY 11 : Drive to Paryang
Another long drive to Paryang. Lunch will be light packed snacks. Overnight at Guesthouse. (4610 m / 252 km / 9 hrs)
DAY 12 : Lake Manasarovar
Another scenic drive to Lake Manasarovar. Overnight at Guesthouse. (4560 m / 255 km / 9 hrs)
DAY 13 : Manasarovar Parikrama - Drive to Darchen
Puja & spiritual holy dip at the Lake followed by Manasarovar Parikrama in Land cruiser. Time permitting visits Chiu Gompa. Then drive to Darchen. Overnight at Guest House. (4520 m / 40 km / 2 hrs)
DAY 14 : Drive to Tarboche - Diraphuk
After breakfast, we drive to Tarboche (3 kms / 4750m) the first prostration point, Tarboche Flag Pole, the auspicious gateway and the sky burial ground, to Diraphuk. We have a hard DAY’s hike to Diraphuk (4890m 18 km / 7hrs). Overnight Camp from where you have superb views of Mt. Kailash.
DAY 15 : Parikrama Drolma-la Pass - Zutrulphuk - Gauri Kunda
Continue Parikrama over Drolma-la Pass (5610m) to Zutrulphuk (4790 m). Just below the Drolma-la Pass, is the Gauri Kunda. Overnight at Camp. (22 kms / 9 hrs)
DAY 16 : Parikarma of Mount Kailash
Our last DAY on the Parikarma of Mount Kailash. Crosses third and fourth prostration point, Zutrulphuk and trek back approximately 8 kms to near Darchen where our vehicles will be waiting for us. From there we drive back to Darchen (5 km), to have lunch. After lunch, we will proceed at a leisurely speed to Lake Manasarovar. While our Sherpa staff makes camp / dinner, you are at your leisure to visit the lake and pay homage.
DAY 17 :Returning Journey to Mayumla Pass
The start of our return trip back to Kathmandu driving up towards Mayumla Pass, we get last views of the Majestic Mountain and lake and bid adieus to this sacred land, and continue onwards to Paryang. Overnight at Guesthouse.
DAY 18 : Returning Journey to Saga
We continue our drive back to Saga with a light pack lunch on the way. Overnight at guest house.
DAY 19 : Returning Journey to Nyalam
A long drives to Nyalam and our first chance to have a hot shower, after a long and arduous pilgrimage. We will overnight in a guesthouse.
DAY 20 : Returning Journey to Kodari
After breakfast, we clear immigrations and customs and bid farewell to Tibet – and continue onwards to Kathmandu via Kodari.
DAY 21 : At Leisure in Kathmandu
Early morning visit Pashupatinath temple. Rest DAY at leisure for your individual program – shopping or relaxation. Overnight Hotel.
DAY 22 : Departure
After breakfast, early morning transfer to Sunauli border or Gorakhpur station. End of tour.
1. Kathmandu – Sunauli/Gorakhpur - Lumbini - Pokhara – Kathmandu – Kodari border - Kathmandu transfer.
2. Airport arrival & departure transfers.
3. All Hotel Accommodation on twin sharing basis with all meals in full board plan.
4. Airfare (Pokhara-Jomsom-Pokhara).
5. Passenger Insurance during the flight.
6. Airport taxes.
7. Pony and porter for baggage only.
8. Manakamana Cable Car Tickets.
9. Sightseeing tour at Lumbini, Kathmandu & Pokhara Valley.
10. Boating on Fewa Lake.
11. ACAP entrance fee for Annapurna Region.
12. All guest houses and tented camp as per itinerary with all pure vegetarian fresh cooked meals in Tibet.
13. Transportation in Tibet using 4 wheels drive 4500 model Toyota land cruisers seating 4 persons on package with supporting Truck.
14. English Speaking Tibetan Guide & Nepali Tour Escort.
15. Tibet (normal) Visa Fees & Tibet permit.
16. Services of our Sherpa crew.
17. Services of our fully equipped trekking, kitchen and camping equipment.
18. Oxygen, Gamow Bag, First Aid Kit etc.
19. Yaks & Yak men during Parikrama for luggage.
20. Medical Kit and experienced tour guide.
1. All personal expenses, tips, phone, laundry bills, bed tea, coffee, snacks or soft drinks, alcoholic beverages etc.
2. Insurance coverage against death, accident, medical, luggage or trip cancellation policies.
3. Extra expenses that may occur due to natural calamities not excluding, landslide, adverse weather conditions, Political sanction, road blockades, or whatsoever, which entails extra nights in hotel or guest houses, additional Vehicles or porterage. All such expenses, will be borne by clients directly or to be collected by us at the end of the tour.
4. Ponies / Horses for personal use during Parikrama.
5. Entrance and monument fees.
6. There will be no refunds for services not used / utilized regardless of the cause what so ever.
7. All other expenses that are not mentioned above
Note : All above terms and conditions are based on (IPSC) Indian Pilgrims Service China) and subject to change as the rules of IPSC.